Finding Encouragement in Daily Miracles


            I’m working on a thorough Vocal Dictionary for you, which combined with the Music Dictionary posts from June 28, 2016, should get you prepped for any musical situation you find yourself in. In the meanwhile, however, I wanted to share a little “revelation” I recently had. As many of you know, I’ve been struggling with health issues of late and things can get pretty discouraging. BUT, it occurred to me that life is difficult for all of us these days, so I wanted to offer this post of encouragement.
            I want you to think for a few minutes about all the MIRACLES that are a part of your life EVERY DAY! Most of us don’t have to worry about individual breaths. I admit my Breath Control isn’t what it was when I was running 6 miles a day, but thus far, I haven’t missed a breath and if you’ve spent any time with me, you know I can still talk a blue streak. If you’re a breathing, talking, thinking, moving human, you are a combination of many miracles, replicating each other over and over. I realize this is a little “pie in the sky” but it REALLY helps me to focus on some of these “miracles”, to keep from being overwhelmed by the “hurdles” that present themselves in my life from time to time. I recommend that you do the same.
            You might wonder how this relates to music or, more specifically, to singing. Well, I’ll tell you. Music MUST come from your heart, your soul, and your spirit. If you are stressed, distracted, or depressed you will NOT be able to do your best performance. If you’re focusing on all the bad things, rough circumstances, and challenges in your life, that will all be reflected in your singing. The BEST prescription for success is NOT some falsely “created” positive encouragement but taking your focus OFF the pressure, pain, or problems you’re experiencing, and concentrating instead on all the amazing miracles that ARE working in your favor!
            Here is a list of some regularly-occurring miracles in MY life. I suggest each of you do the same. Please send me other ideas you think we each overlook in our days that are miraculous and uplifting.

Daily Miracles I am Very Grateful For:
·      His Still Small Voice
·      Breath
·      Vision, even if it is limited
·      Hearing, again, it doesn’t have to be perfect
·      The ability to FEEL – a breeze on my face; my dog’s kisses; a cold floor or a hot shower; as well as, love from my family, friends, and students
·      Taste – thank you, God for my husband’s amazing cooking from his Family Sauce to his indescribable home-made Pizza to incredible, fluffy biscuits, and more…
·      The scents and smells of life – our favorite Twisted Peppermint candle; freshly washed bed sheets; homemade bread; Rick’s Family Sauce or Risotto or Homemade Pizza; Each of my children’s unique aromas; Rain after a hot day or after a long absence; Wood burning in any fireplace in our neighborhood, and on and on…
·      Music, whether I hear it, sing it, read it or play it
·      Laughter
·      My Piano
·      My Faith that God loves me deeply despite anything I’ve done, and He, actually, speaks to me to lead me and encourage me
·      My Precious Family
·      Most of my “parts” still work (my Daddy used to say, “I’m not perfect, but parts of me are excellent!” Gotta love him and learn from him!)
·      Our Superstar Dog, Miss Meebie and her unfailing, irrepressible love and kisses
·      The green of my garden – watching it grow; talking to it and loving on it; learning from it how God works with and in me
·      The phenomenal love, devotion, and service daily expressed to me through the sacrificial love of my daughter, Isabella
·      The extraordinary love, care, friendship, and pride I have with and for my husband, Rick, and children, Francesca, Domenico, and Isabella – I don’t deserve all they do for me and are to me but it keeps me going, and makes me want to continue fighting and growing and evolving into the best I can be for them.
·      The absolutely endless stream of knowledge available on the Internet through my MacBook Pro and my ability to read
·      Having running, potable, great-tasting water to drink and wash with
·      Living in a country where I can vote, complain, celebrate, worship, drive across state lines without any governmental permissions or paperwork, AND choose my own career and work
·      I have good health insurance and wonderful doctors, even though I’m coming up on 6 years without a specific diagnosis for all the pain I’ve been in. At least, I have options and live in an area where those options are many and variable.
·      The lyrically uplifting and rejuvenating music of neighborhood children’s giggles, games, and adventures
·      Sunshine
·      Twinkling Stars
·      Rain
·      Wind
·      The green that comes after a healing rain
·      Birds and Bunnies and Geckos
·      Clouds in the shape of castles and dragons and teddy bears and, pretty much, anything else you can imagine
·      Chocolate, especially Dark Chocolate covered Caramels


This took me all of about 10 minutes to think up. With a little more time, I could easily add many more items. My point is that daily life, as frustrating or tiring as it may be, is, nevertheless, FILLED with MIRACLES!  I encourage you to make your own “Daily Miracles List” and do your singing voice a great favor. Being positive feeds your creativity, and your creativity strengthens your vocal performance. Give it a try!  As usual, if you have ANY questions or comments, please write them below or contact me; I always love to hear from you.  If you have any questions about my lessons or me, check out my website at www.SingitForward.net. Thank you SO much for reading this blog post! Sing it Forward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Music Theory - 1st Post - Notes, Rests, and Note Particulars

Vocal Quirks - Why do I Sometimes Yawn, Hiccup, Burp, or Crack?

Basic Music Theory - #3 - Rhythms and Putting it All Together