Quick Tongue Twisters for Vocal Exercises


          One of my favorites things to use for Vocal Exercises is fun Tongue Twisters.  Here are a number of ones I use in my own vocal lessons.  As I mentioned, they are fun, which helps to keep you relaxed and, at the very least, SMILING while you sing.  The Twisters help with articulation practice, and MY personal favorite, you spend so much energy trying to articulate them correctly that you don't worry so much about how you PRODUCE the sound, and often "correct" any errors you might regularly include in your "normal" sound production.  I have included BRIEF descriptions for HOW to produce or articulate each of these Tongue Twisters.  If you take these to any voice teacher, he or she would most certainly be able to interpret my instructions, or I will be glad to clarify them further myself.  here are the Tongue Twisters I am suggesting for "Quick" reference:

  • Chester Cheetah chewed a chunk of cheap cheddar cheese – 5 up & back
  • 33 thick thistles thaw – Broken triad up & back
  • Red leather, Yellow Leather, Blue Leather, Purple leather – Up by 3rds, then down by 3rds
  • Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblee Bumblebee… - Up by 3rds, then down by 3rds
  • Selfish shellfish selfish shellfish… - Up by 3rds, then down by 3rds
  • Fred fed Ted red bread - Broken triad up & back
  • Five fearless friends fought France - Broken triad up & back
  • Old oily Ollie oils autos - Broken triad up & back
  • Brisk brave brandished blades - Broken triad up & back
  • Groves graze grass in grooves - Broken triad up & back
  • Six slippery snails slid slowly - Broken triad up & back
  • 2 toads talked till twas too late for tea – 5 up & back
  • Black bugs bleed blue blood - Broken triad up & back
  • Yum Yum Yum Yum Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow - 5 up & back
  • Green grass globes glow gray – Broken triad up & back
           Thanks so much for reading!  I hope you found this helpful.  Please send me your questions, comments, and/or suggestions for future blog post topics.  If you have any questions or comments about me or about lessons with me, please check out my website at http://cathyriso.blogpost.com/.
Sing it Forward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Music Theory - 1st Post - Notes, Rests, and Note Particulars

Vocal Quirks - Why do I Sometimes Yawn, Hiccup, Burp, or Crack?

Basic Music Theory - #3 - Rhythms and Putting it All Together