The Quotes That Inspire Me Everyday

          Many of you know that my Daddy fought in World War II in the 101st Airborne Division.  He was in a deadly battle toward the end of the war called the Battle of the Bulge near Bastogne, Belgium.  Many of the 101st's men died there but my Daddy was one of the blessed ones to survive.  Winston Churchill later made this famous quote about those men and that Battle.  I read it over at least once a day to encourage and inspire myself.  I recognize that it's pretty "dramatic", even a little "over the top" for most people.  However, there are many times when life FEELS "over the top", and a bit "dramatic", so, I think it's pretty perfect.  Check it out for yourself:
          "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never.  In nothing, great or small, alrge or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.  Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

          Another very special quotation for me is from the poem "Ullysses" by Alfred Lord Tennyson.  My health has been challenging these last few years, so this poem really speaks specifically to me, and I hope it will touch many of you, as well.
          "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

This quote hangs in my studio so that I can see it and read it several times each day.  I think it's very important to surround ourselves with positive influences, things AND people who will build us up, NOT tear us down.  One of the early posts I made to this blog includes lots of positive quotes.  If you don't like the ones I've included here, check out the ones in that early post but start incorporating whichever quotes you choose into your everyday life.  Print them out onto cards you can keep in your wallet or purse; place them on your bedside table, vanity, kitchen sink, desk, anywhere that you will "trip" over them during your daily activities.  It is truly amazing how wonderful a well-placed quotation can be when your day is feeling particularly challenged.  Try this simple suggestion and let me know what you think!  If you have any questions, comments, and/or suggestions for future blog post topics, please post below or check my website at www.SingitForward.net.  Thanks for reading!  Sing it forward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Music Theory - 1st Post - Notes, Rests, and Note Particulars

Vocal Quirks - Why do I Sometimes Yawn, Hiccup, Burp, or Crack?

Basic Music Theory - #3 - Rhythms and Putting it All Together