The Benefits of Being Thankful

I was talking with my oldest daughter today and she told me about an "email chain" she is participating in with many of her girlfriends.  It's sort of a "group chat", if you will.  The idea is so Life Giving and Life Affirming that I had to pass it along.  I invite everyone of you and everyone you can tell about this, to "Comment" below with, AT LEAST, TWO THINGS YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR IN YOUR LIFE.  It's such a simple thing but it will lift you up, make your day, and clear away troubles!  Life is tough for everyone!  Yes, everyone!  Media is filled with Hollywood celebrities and their "perfect" lives but I assure you, their feet hurt, their hearts get broken, and their children drive them crazy.  I have a tiny card on my bed stand.  It says, "2 Things".  It reminds me every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed to think of, at least, two things I am grateful for.  Many of you know my health has not been good in recent years and months.  Many days it is difficult to not lose hope.  This little exercise always helps me and I encourage you to try it.  Let's start a "chain" of blessings to each other.  Share a couple of the things you're thankful/grateful for in the comments and then, check back to read things other people post.  See if you aren't encouraged, motivated, and enlivened.
Cathy has especially for:
  1. Her faith in God
  2. Her Husband and, especially her wonderful and unique children - Francesca, Domenico, Isabella, and our precious Meebie
  3. Her Daddy, her Brother, her Sister, her nieces, her nephews, and her dear Father-in-Law
  4. Her students - the people they are
  5. Her students - listening to them grow and discover
  6. Her friends and acquaintances 
  7. Her neighbors
  8. Her church
  9. Her Voice
  10. Her brain
  11. The air
  12. Waking up this morning
  13. Her bed and pillows
  14. Her garden
  15. Laughter
  16. Her Mac and iPhone
  17. Precious friends
  18. My husband's home-made, mouth-watering, indescribably scrumptious pizza
  19. Sugar and Butter - I really love pretty much everything they're in
  20. Chocolate
  21. Traveling the World
  22. My Chronological Bible
  23. Great films
  24. Listening to my children 
  25. A good book 
  26. Sweet memories
I typed these as fast as I could make my fingers move.  Give it a try!  Your list is probably different but it's vitally important to share with others.  I'll keep checking this and send you all updates.  Sing it Forward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Music Theory - 1st Post - Notes, Rests, and Note Particulars

Vocal Quirks - Why do I Sometimes Yawn, Hiccup, Burp, or Crack?

Basic Music Theory - #3 - Rhythms and Putting it All Together